Saturday, February 21, 2009

Internet in the Flats??

A post I never got to post, the internet in Walmgate went down.

February 18

That's right folks. Internet is back (for the time being) in the flat. However, bandwidth is not the best, and it freaks out when too many people get on. My signal is the weakest. Its like when a bunch of wildabeast are at a watering hole and there's not a lot of room. I'm the weak baby and so the other wildabeast push me around to the part of the pond with the crocodile, and I get eaten. That's what its like when I try to use the wireless in the flat. Right now I'm at Walmgate, where its not as bad (I still get kicked off too much for my liking). I'm trying to download a new driver or something that will help it, but its hard because I keep getting kicked off!

Anyway. Being here is so emotionally challenging. I miss my family and my friends. Its rainy here a lot, hardly any sunshine. I miss the sunshine. My computer troubles have been getting me down. I really thought I'd be going to Inverness for outreach week, but I can't because the list filled up before I got a chance to sign up, so I'll be staying in York. I really thought the Lord was directing me to Inverness. I'm feeling pretty lost at the moment.



Edited to Add:

I don't really feel that lost anymore. There are reasons why I'm not going to Inverness, even though I may not know them yet. The Lord has been working in me about submitting to His will. I just need to lay down my life and follow.

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww poor baby wildabeast. if you get attacked by a crocodile, fight back! it has a soft belly.

    btw, whats your mailing address? mom didn't give it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren is so funny. How long will you be in England? Your mom told me but I forget, as usual. I enjoyed reading your blog. I have one now too. I have to try to update it almost every day. Work, work, work!Love, Auntie Katie

    ReplyDelete